Monday 13 October 2014

Perfect fall lips- Mac / Ysl





Hi everyone ! So I wanted to kick start my first cosmetic post with something that everyone would love; as we are heading into fall I thought a post about the perfect fall lip colour would be best! 

I'm not the biggest fan of the cold weather and dark nights that come along with fall but I love doing a gorgeous smokey brown eye with bold purple berry coloured lips! This is the time of year us girls can really get away with such a dramatic look that is truelly flattering on all skintones- it's  stunning! It's a fab way to add a pop of colour to the usual dark colours we naturally associate winter with. It doesn't matter how fair you are to how dark you are, there will be a great fall lipstick out there for you! 

So as you can see from my picture above, my  favourite fall lipstick combination at the moment is  'Diva' from Mac and  Ysl's No. 2 lipstick from their rouge volupté shine collection.



Macs 'diva' lipstick is the swatch on the left side of the picture . It is the most beautiful purple berry colour I have ever came across and it is a matte lipstick. This lipstick retails at £15.50 which I think is reasonable price for a high end amazing quality lipstick. I would rather have a long wearing quality lipstick for a few pounds more than one that doesn't last at all! Not having to constantly re apply means you will not need to keep re-purchasing.  I have been wearing this lipstick constantly and I'm in love with it! What I love is that it is highly pigmented and lasts all day long through eating and drinking , literally ! I promise ! I do apply this over the top of a lip liner but I have also used it without one and it is just as good . You would expect the lipstick to be very drying on the lips as it is matte afterall, however, I find the formula to be very creamy and not drying at all! Every girl needs this in their lipstick collection! 

The Yves Saint Laurent lipstick is beautiful too, I don't use this lipstick on it's own on the lips as it has a glossy sheer finish, so I do use this over the top of diva if I'm wanting a glossy finish . It retails at £25 which is pretty pricey for a lipstick but all of the products from YSL come in such gorgeous gold packaging which I could not resist when shopping! Also I must say, the lipstick has such a beautiful smell ... Honestly - I would recommend you go try these out at your nearest beauty counter they have a wide selection of shades that I hope to purchase.

Do comment and let me know what your favourite fall lip colours are as I'm constantly looking for more shades and love hearing about great products ! Feel free to ask any makeup / beauty related questions too! 
 Thanks for reading, lots of love  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment